Enzi’s Grandfatherly Advice
At the request of the Casper Journal I shared some of the advice I will give to my grandchildren when they are old enough to understand. I'd also like to share this advice with you.
Below is a list of the tips I've shared so far.
- Be proud of your reputation. That’s really all you have that is truly yours.
- Do what is right. Do your best. Treat others as THEY wish to be treated. These three principles guide me and my staff daily as we work for the people of Wyoming.
- Don’t do anything you wouldn’t want to read about on the front page of the paper.
- It doesn’t matter if you are a doctor or a lawyer or a ditch-digger – whatever you choose to do, do it so well people associate the good work with your name. That’s a Mike Enzi ditch.
- Learn from the mistakes you make, but more importantly, learn from the mistakes of others.
- Service is important. You should do service for the sake of helping others
- Have family traditions – times you set aside to do things with the family.
- Be honest in all that you do.