Thank you for your interest in attending one of our exceptional United States Service Academies.
The application packet must be received by Senator Enzi’s CHEYENNE OFFICE BY NOVEMBER 5th. All application materials or questions regarding nominations should be sent to:
Senator Enzi, Field Representative
2120 Capitol Ave. Suite 2007
Cheyenne, WY 82001
For each vacancy available at each of the academies, Senator Enzi is able to nominate up to 10 young people who are legal residents of the State of Wyoming. The nominations are based on the following criteria:
1. A complete application. Students can obtain an application in a PDF file (371Kb) by clicking on this link. Please include a phone number and e-mail address in the space provided on the application.
2. An official high school transcript showing a GPA and grades through the end of the junior year.
3. Results of the American College Testing Program (ACT) and/or Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT).
4. A personal letter, written in essay form, from the student about why he or she is interested in attending one of the U.S. Service Academies.
5. Three letters of recommendation: Two from educators and one from another source i.e. friend, employer, pastor, coach, etc.
6. All eligible applicants must be interviewed. Interviews are conducted in early December in Casper. Nominations will be made by Senator Enzi’s Academy Selection Committee and finalized by Senator Enzi.
7. A photograph of the student must be included in the application packet.
If the applicant satisfactorily meets the above criteria, notices will be sent out after the deadline in November regarding the date and location of interviews. Based on the applicant’s interview, the Selection Committee will recommend students to be nominated by Senator Enzi.
Following Senator Enzi’s nominations, final appointment selections will be made by the academy itself. The academy’s decision is based on:
1. A separate application to each academy. These applications can be found on the service academy websites:
NOTE: The Coast Guard Academy does not require a nomination.
2. Results of the ACT and/or SAT tests.
3. A complete medical examination and physical aptitude test.
4. Careful evaluation of the young person's motivation and suitability for a military career.
Since the academies carefully review the results of the ACT and/or SAT tests, it is best to take the test in the spring of your junior year and/or the summer before your senior year. A student may want to take the test two or three times because the highest score will be reviewed. Please make arrangements to have test scores sent to Senator Enzi’s Cheyenne office. When requesting test results, use Senator Enzi’s code numbers. For the ACT it is 7199 and for the SAT it is 4768. Please check with the each Service Academy for minimum ACT/SAT requirements.
Academy appointments are extremely competitive and therefore only a select few who apply will receive an appointment. Consequently, students are encouraged to work on other plans for their future while competing for an appointment.
* Please thoroughly review your application before submitting.