Skip to content

Washington, D.C. – U.S. Senator Mike Enzi, R-Wyo., is pleased to announce that Park County area residents will soon have additional firefighting assistance.

The Park County Fire Protection District #4 grant application for fire operations and firefighter safety, submitted under the Federal Emergency Management Agency's (FEMA) Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program, has been approved.

The Park County Fire Protection District #4 will receive $27,760 in grant money, or 90 percent of the approved project cost of $30,844 to fund new bunker gear for volunteers and a vehicle pump to help fight wildland fires. The remaining $3,084 or 10 percent of the cost will be shared by the town.

"Well-equipped local fire departments and healthy well-trained personnel are very important in Wyoming for preventing loss of life and property," said Enzi. "This grant money will help ensure that the Park County Fire Department performs up to the highest standard."

Earlier this year, the United States Fire Administration (USFA) accepted applications from career and state-recognized volunteer fire companies for grants that could be used for training, sponsoring education programs and purchasing and updating equipment.

Enzi sent a letter to paid and volunteer fire companies in Wyoming, as well as the Wyoming Department of Fire Prevention and Electrical Safety, that outlined information about the grants.

Nationally, more than 19,500 fire departments applied for grants this year, submitting requests totaling almost $2.2 billion. FEMA and the USFA plan to announce 5,500 grants, totaling $360 million. Other Wyoming fire departments may still be eligible to receive fire grants.

More information about the grants is available by visiting the USFA website at (www.usfa.fema.gov/grants).



-end-