Skip to content

Washington, D.C. – U.S. Senator Mike Enzi, R-Wyo., is encouraging Wyomingites to apply for grants for graduate study or research abroad in academic fields and for practical training in the creative and performing arts.

Enzi said the U.S. Department of State is offering Fulbright Scholarships and other academic grants to increase the mutual understanding between the people of the United States and other countries through the exchange of persons, knowledge and skills. The deadline for submitting applications is Oct. 25, 2002.

Approximately 900 awards are available to over 100 countries for the 2003-2004 academic year. Most of the grants provide round-trip international transportation, tuition, health and accident insurance and maintenance for one academic year; a few provide international travel only, or a stipend intended as a partial grant-in-aid.

The awards are made possible by an annual appropriation from Congress to the U.S. Department of State and by contributions from foreign governments, universities, corporations and private donors.

Application forms and further information may be obtained from college or university Fulbright Program Advisers, the Institute of International Education's (IIE) New York headquarters or one of its regional centers in Chicago, Denver, Houston, or San Francisco. Copies of a full informational brochure can be requested from the IIE offices by calling (212) 984-5330 or accessing their website at (