Legislation Enzi sponsored or cosponsored:
Transparency for Endangered Species Listings – would require the Department of Interior to publish data used in listing and delisting federally endangered and threatened species on the Internet. The 21st Century Endangered Species Transparency Act, S. 2635, was led by Senator John Cornyn (R-TX).
Full Funding of Wildland Firefighting Budgets – would allow for the full funding of wildland firefighting budgets for the Forest Service and the Department of the Interior, as well as dramatically increase resources for forest restoration programs. The FLAME Act Amendments Act of 2014, S. 2593, was introduced by Senators John McCain (R-AZ), John Barrasso (R-WY), and Jeff Flake (R-AZ).
Sponsored Three Amendments to the Bring Jobs Home Act – they would:
- Modernize international tax rules so that U.S.-based companies are competitive with their foreign counterparts.
- Provide for a better flow of required tax return information between entities and those who invest in them, allowing for improved compliance by taxpayers, improved accuracy of tax and information returns, and a reduced number of amended returns.
- Provide a more comprehensive exemption for small businesses from the employer mandate in the health care law and to restore the 40-hour work week, which the health care law reduced to 30 hours.
Cosponsored Five Amendments to the Bring Jobs Home Act – they would:
- Repeal the medical device tax portion of Obamacare, which hurts jobs and increases the cost of medical devices. Introduced by Senator Orrin Hatch (R-UT).
- Repeal the employer mandate portion of Obamacare, which puts additional strain on employers and triggers cost and heavy reporting requirements. Introduced by Senator Orrin Hatch (R-UT).
- Require the U.S. Department of Energy to approve U.S. exports of liquefied natural gas to Ukraine and NATO member countries. Introduced by Senator John Barrasso (R-WY)
- Organize several transparency and regulatory forms to improve the federal rulemaking process. Introduced by Senator Rob Portman (R-OH).
- Streamline and improve the federal permitting process, including restrict environmental groups to a more reasonable deadline if they plan to bring a lawsuit against a project. Introduced by Senator Rob Portman (R-OH).
Congressional Letters Enzi signed:
Sheep Research Station in Dubois, Idaho – expressed concern over the proposed closure of the Agriculture Research Service sheep research station in Dubois, ID, and requested additional information on the USDA’s decisions, and expressed a willingness to work toward a productive solution. Letter written to the Secretary of Agriculture Vilsack, led by Senators Mike Crapo (R-ID) and Jim Risch (R-ID).